Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Small houses

 The photo above shows a small house built from hand made bricks by my sister in law in Tasmania. These were fired on the property and laid by G Thomas.
Smaller again is my gypsy wagon under construction. These types of building can be built for small costs by the home owner builder. Building on wheels gets away from regulations and if the structure is not part of the trailer then lower road registration fees apply. From the photo above all above in yellow is the load and not the trailer. Caravans of this size get registered for 250 to 300 dollars a year.
In the case of my trailer the registration fees are 55 dollars a year and the caravan is only the load.
If I were to do this again I would keep it all square as the work involved is 50 times more as everything is angled and round.

No comments:

Post a Comment